Nominations for 2013 Board of Directors
Special Note regarding Federal officials: Federal laws prohibit individuals that work for the Federal government from serving on a Board of a non-profit organization in a fiduciary capacity. This law has been interpreted differently by various Federal agencies, but for the sake of consistency, TNI has decided that any Federal official that wishes to serve on the TNI Board can only do so in an Ex-Officio, non-voting role. Currently, four Ex-Officio Directors, representing the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, Department of Interior, and Environmental Protection Agency serve on the TNI Board. If you are a Federal official and would like to serve on the TNI Board, please contact Steve Arms, the chair of the Nominating Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for Directors
The Nominating Committee seeks candidates for the TNI Board of Directors who demonstrate strong leadership, commitment, and contributions to the field of environmental laboratory accreditation. If you are interested in serving on the Board, please complete the TNI Board Nomination Form.
Directors need broad knowledge and awareness of issues facing TNI and must uphold TNI's mission, goals, priorities, and Code of Ethical Conduct.
Directors must demonstrate a commitment to TNI's priority to be a highly functioning organization that is continually enriched by its commitment to balance and inclusion, and must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to objectively consider various perspectives to guide major policy decisions.
In addition, Directors need to be able to make the necessary commitment of time and other resources to serve effectively as a Director and to serve as an effective ambassador for the TNI and its principles.
Finally, Directors must be a current member of TNI.
These qualifications are designed to ensure that elected Directors are prepared to fulfill their designated responsibilities, including
- exercising fiduciary responsibilities and stewardship with regard to TNI's goals, policies, and allocation of resources;
- contributing to a policy governance model that provides leadership for TNI with a focus on mission; and
- identifying and cultivating future leaders.
- February 28, 2013 Deadline for submission of application by potential candidates.
- March 13, 2013 Based upon a review of applications, the Nominating Committee develops a slate of candidates
- March 18, 2013 The 2013 slate is officially announced on the TNI website.
- April 1, 2013 Deadline for election.
- April 10, 2013 Newly elected Directors assume office.