Welcome to the Forum on Environmental Accreditation
The 2018 Environmental Measurement Symposium, which is the combined meeting of the Forum on Environmental Accreditation and the National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC), will be held at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans, Louisiana. The symposium is co-sponsored by The NELAC Institute (TNI) under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The theme of this year's symposium is "The Future Landscape of Science."
Some of the highlights for the week include:
- A special half-day general session with key speakers focused on the conference theme;
- Over 180 oral and poster presentations on a variety of cutting-edge environmental monitoring issues;
- Meetings of TNI Committees to further TNI efforts on environmental laboratory accreditation, proficiency testing, and accreditation of field sampling and measurement organizations;
- An exhibit program showcasing the latest innovations in environmental monitoring;
- An innovative new technology showcase;
- Four special keynote presentations on topics of general interest;
- Two workshops on communicating science and a training course on radiochemistry; and
- An open meeting of EPA's Environmental Laboratory Advisory Board.