Whole Effluent Toxicity Testing Expert Committee
It is the mission of this committee to update and maintain the whole effluent toxicity testing Standard (TNI Volume 1, Module 7) based upon public comment, to provide technical assistance on issues related to whole effluent toxicity, to develop tools to aid implementation, and to facilitate the implementation of the Standard.
Conference Calls: 3rd Wednesday, 1:00pm - 2:00pm ET
It is the mission of this committee to update and maintain the whole effluent toxicity testing Standard (TNI Volume 1, Module 7) based upon public comment, to provide technical assistance on issues related to whole effluent toxicity, to develop tools to aid implementation, and to facilitate the implementation of the Standard.Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Review and revise the Standard based on input from all stakeholder groups.
- Ensure that the Standard will produce data of known and documented quality.
- Provide technical assistance such as responding to Standard Interpretation Requests (SIRs).
- Provide technical assistance in developing tools to facilitate the implementation of the Standard.
- Ensure continuity with other TNI Volumes.
- Utilize existing and future TNI infrastructure and resources to accomplish mission.
- Improving the Standard by:
- Clarifying and Updating of the Standard
- Addressing inconsistencies across EPA method manuals
- Improving and clarifying quality assurance requirements
- Clarifying reporting requirements of laboratory performance, such as test sensitivity, test acceptability criteria (TAC), and reference control results
- Developing a checklist for requirements for each approved method
- Developing a checklist for reporting requirements
- Uniformity of Proficiency Testing requirements in concert with the PTPEC
- Prompt responses to SIRs
- Develop priority list of committee goals
- Develop schedule of goals for completion
- Other committee functions, as needed
Committee members are volunteers; limited funding. Committee must maintain a balanced representation from among accreditation bodies, accredited laboratories and “others” (including, among others, EPA, Department of Defense, and third party accreditation bodies).Available Resources
- Volunteer committee members
- TNI Infrastructure
- Environmental technical community
- Teleconference services
- Administrative support
- Technical editor support
- Travel funding
- Monthly Committee Teleconferences (open to all Full and Associate Members)
- Additional committee and subcommittee teleconferences as needed
|Rami Naddy, Chair|
TRE Env. Strat. LLC
Ft. Collins, CO
|Pete De Lisle, Vice Chair|
Coastal Bioanalysts Inc
|Teresa Norberg-King, Affiliate Member)|
USEPA ORD Laboratory
Hampton Roads Sanitation District
WI DNR Bureau of Water Quality
Penn. Dept. Environ. Protection
Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.
Texas Comm. Environ. Quality
New Jersey Dept of Environ Protect.
Environmental Resources Management
LA DEQ LELAP
Baton Rouge, LA