Laboratory Proficiency Testing (PT) Committee
The Laboratory Proficiency Testing Committee develops and maintains consensus standards for proficiency testing that support TNI programs.
Conference Calls: First Friday of the Month, 11 am - 12:30 pm ET
Note: On June 9, 2010, this committee was renamed the Laboratory Proficiency Testing Committee to reflect a change in the TNI bylaws. Documents such as meeting minutes may show the previous name of this committee, Proficiency Testing Committee.
Mission Statement: Development and maintenance of consensus standards for proficiency testing that support TNI programs including but not limited to the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of program participants
- Production, validation and verification of PT samples
- Accreditation and Oversight of PT Providers.
- Management and Evaluation of PT sample data by PTOB/PTPA
- Use of PT samples by conformity assessment bodies, accrediting bodies, and regulatory programs that are supported by TNI programs.
- Develop and maintain consensus-based standards for proficiency testing (PT) to ensure the PT scheme is fit for intended use and to ensure the PT scheme is practical and implementable.
- Develop and maintain consensus-based standards for the manufacture of PT samples to ensure PT samples used for the program provide equal challenge to participants regardless of manufacturer.
- Develop and maintain consensus-based standards to support the design (components, matrix, analyte concentration and acceptance criteria) of PT samples as appropriate to test the participants competency for the test methods and matrices for which the PT samples were manufactured.
- Work with the TNI PT Executive Committee to support successful and consistent implementation of TNI PT Standards.
- Serve as technical resource to TNI membership.
- Adoption of the TNI PT Modules by Accreditation Bodies
- End User Satisfaction as measured by number of requests received for standards interpretation.
- Committee Approval of Final PT Standard (January 2008)
- Resolution of LASC Comments (December 2008)
- Resolution of Tentative Interim Amendments (Spring 2009)
- Established PT Frequency Subcommittee and presented findings to TNI membership (Fall 2009 / Spring/Summer 2010)
- AB Survey (Spring 2010 and is on-going).
- Worked with NELAC Accreditation Council to resolve AC implementation concerns for 2009 TNI standards (Fall 2010 and is on-going)
- Committee members are volunteers with limited time available to support committee activities
- Committee needs to maintain balance in voting member in accordance with TNI Policy.
- TNI Website
- TNI Membership
- Other Industry or Government Groups
Additional Resources Required:
- Industry Experts
- Administrative support for committee operation / Scribes for face-to-face meeting
Anticipated Meeting Schedule:
- Monthly Teleconferences
- TNI Winter / Summer Face to Face Meetings
|Nicole Cairns, Chair|
New York State DOH
|Ken Jackson, Program Administrator|
The NELAC Institute
Ballston Spa, NY
Advanced Analytical Solutions
New Jersey DEP
Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
ERA (A Waters Company)
South Carolina DHEC
|Stacie Metzler |
Hampton Roads Sanitation District
Virginia Beach, VA
Microbac Laboratories, Inc.