Laboratory Quality Systems Committee
This committee develops laboratory quality systems standards based on public input and provides technical assistance on issues related to adopted standards or tools that facilitate the implementation of the standard.
Conference Calls: 2nd Monday, 1 pm ET
Note: On June 9, 2010, this committee was renamed the Laboratory Quality Systems Committee to reflect a change in the TNI bylaws. Documents such as meeting minutes may show the previous name of this committee, Quality Systems Committee.
Mission Statement: To develop laboratory quality systems standards based on public input and to provide technical assistance on issues related to adopted standards or tools that facilitate the implementation of the standard.
- Develop standards based on input from all stakeholder groups
- Ensure that the Standard will produce data of known and documented quality
- Use ISO/IEC 17025:2005 as the basis of the standard
- Provide technical assistance such as responding to Standard Interpretation Requests (SIRs)
- Provide technical assistance in developing tools to facilitate the implementation of the standard
- Timely development of standards
- Prompt responses to SIRs
- Development of Clarifications to the 2009 TNI Standard based on SIRs and other sources.(ongoing)
- Officially proposing the Tentative Interim Amendment in V2, Module 7 as a standard. (ongoing)
Committee members are volunteers; limited funding. Committee has balanced representation consisting of 5 accrediting bodies, 5 accredited laboratories and 6 "others" (including EPA, Department of Defense and a representative from third party accrediting body).
- Volunteer committee members
- TNI Infrastructure
- Environmental technical community
- Teleconference services
- Administrative support
- Technical editor support
Additional Resources Required:
- Travel funding
Anticipated Meeting Schedule:
- Monthly teleconferences
- Face to Face meetings during the semiannual TNI Forums
- Additional teleconferences and/or face-to-face meetings as needed
|Paul Junio, Chair|
Northern Lake Service, Inc.
|Jessica Jensen, Vice Chair|
A & E Analytical Laboratory
|Ilona Taunton, Program Administrator|
The NELAC Institute
Mill Spring, NC
San Antonio River Authority
San Antonio, TX
Kansas Dept. of Health & Env.
Env. Lab. Consulting & Technology, LLC
ESC Lab Sciences
Mt. Juliet, TN
Eurofins Eaton Analytical, Inc.
South Bend, IN
William Ray Consulting LLC
ACZ Laboratories, Inc.
Steamboat Springs, CO
Goose Creek, SC
Development of guidance for implementation of TNI QS standard modules
TNI Quality System Committee Decision Making Rules (PDF, 65KB)
2008 TNI Version 2003 NELAC Checklist with TNI Standards Identified (PDF, 1.4MB)
Quality Systems Presentation, August 2008, Washington, D.C. (PDF, 268KB)
Quality Systems Presentation, January 2008, Newport Beach, CA (PDF, 63KB)
Assessment Forum Presentation, August 2008, Washington, D.C. (PDF, 46KB)