Nominations for 2014 Board of Directors
Date Posted: 2-11-2014
Qualifications for Directors
The Nominating Committee seeks candidates for the TNI Board of Directors who demonstrate strong leadership, commitment, and contributions to the field of environmental laboratory accreditation. If you are interested in serving on the Board, please complete the TNI Board Nomination Form.
Directors need broad knowledge and awareness of issues facing TNI and must uphold TNI's mission, goals, priorities, and Code of Ethical Conduct.
Directors must demonstrate a commitment to TNI's priority to be a highly functioning organization that is continually enriched by its commitment to balance and inclusion, and must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to objectively consider various perspectives to guide major policy decisions.
In addition, Directors need to be able to make the necessary commitment of time and other resources to serve effectively as a Director and to serve as an effective ambassador for the TNI and its principles.
Finally, Directors must be a current member of TNI.
These qualifications are designed to ensure that elected Directors are prepared to fulfill their designated responsibilities, including
- exercising fiduciary responsibilities and stewardship with regard to TNI's goals, policies, and allocation of resources;
- contributing to a policy governance model that provides leadership for TNI with a focus on mission; and
- identifying and cultivating future leaders.
2014 Election Timeline
- February 28, 2014 Deadline for submission of application by potential candidates.
- March 14, 2014 Based upon a review of applications, the Nominating Committee develops a slate of candidates
- March 24, 2014 The 2014 slate is officially announced on the TNI website.
- April 1, 2014 Deadline for election.
- April 9, 2014 Newly elected Directors assume office.