National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) Accreditation Council
The NELAP Accreditation Council consists of one individual from each recognized Accreditation Body, appointed by the Accreditation Body, and one Ex-Officio member representing EPA. The NELAP Accreditation Council has final authority for implementation of the program for the accreditation of environmental laboratories. Specifically, the NELAP Accreditation Council:
- Reviews and approves applications from prospective ABs to become NELAP-recognized.
- Periodically reviews all NELAP-recognized ABs to ensure their conformance to the requirements established by this organization.
- Coordinates with the LAS Executive Committee to:
- Include new standards into the NELAP program.
- Include interpretations and clarification of the NELAP standards.
- Adopt relevant acceptance limits for proficiency testing developed by the PT Executive Committee.
- Adopt policies and procedures for use within the program.
- Respond to complaints about the program.
- Ensures a national program though mutual recognition
Conference Calls: 1st and 3rd Monday, 1:30 pm ET
Contact the Committee Chair or Program Administrator to request to participate for these calls.
Note: On June 9, 2010, this committee was renamed the NELAP Accreditation Council to reflect a change in the TNI bylaws. Documents such as meeting minutes may show the previous name of this committee, the NELAP Board.
|Kristin Brown, Chair|
|Michele Potter, Vice Chair|
New Jersey DEP
Trenton, New Jersey
|Lynn Bradley, Program Administrator|
The NELAC Institute
St. Paul, Minnesota
Texas Comm. on Env. Quality
New Hampshire ELAP
Concord, New Hampshire
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
New York State Department of Health
Albany, New York
Virginia Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services, Laboratory Certification
Renewal of AB recognitions
Posting NELAP Accreditation Council and AAC policy decisions
SOP for handling complaints against an Accreditation Body
Accreditation Body Application and Checklists
TNI Accreditation Body Application (Word)
Checklist to Determine Accrediting Body Compliance ("Technical Checklist")
for 2016 TNI Standards (Word)
TNI Matrix/Technology Table ( for AB Application, item #13) (Excel)
Example Checklists Used by NELAP Evaluators (all in Word format)
Attachment 6 NELAP TOOLS Index
Attachment 6 (A): On-Site Agenda
Attachment 6 (B): Internal Assessments Review
Attachment 6 (C): Internal Assessments Review ds
Attachment 6 (D): Laboratory File Review Checklist
Attachment 6 (E): Remaining questions / issues from the Tech Review
Attachment 6 (F): Interview Questions for Assessors
Attachment 6 (G): Opening/Closing Roster
Attachment 6 (H): General Records Managemente & Training