Part 1: Basics of Ion Chromatography in Environmental Analysis
Since 1980s, Ion Chromatography has been widely used in environmental laboratories for the monitoring of anions, cations, oxyhalides, etc. These methods are under the jurisdiction of the Office of Water/Groundwater (ODW/OGW) and the Office of Solid Waste (OSW).
In recent years, under the Method Update Rule (MUR), ASTM methods have been adopted for regulations, monitoring, and permits. In this training course, attendees will learn about basic applicability of Ion Chromatography in environmental analysis.
- Basic theory of Ion Chromatography
- Anions and cations in drinking water, ground water, surface water, and waste water according to USEPA Method 300, parts A&B
- Challenges with sample preservation and holding times
- Myths and mysteries about the Minimum Detection Limit (MDL)
- Quality control objectives according to applicable USEPA-adopted ASTM methods
- Troubleshooting analytical issues for Ion Chromatography
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Laboratory Assessors
- Laboratory Analysts
- Laboratory Data Reviewers
$35 for TNI members
$50 for non-members
Group rates are available: Each purchased webcast is to be viewed by only one student. If you would like multiple viewers, separate purchases must be made. A group rate of $140 for TNI members or $200 for non-members is available for groups of 5 or more students at a single location. Click here to purchase this webcast at the group rate.
TNI Members: you must be logged-in to the website to receive the member rate.
No certificates are automatically provided with this training. A Certificate of Completion (CoC) or Certificate of Attendance (CoA) may be purchased for $30 per person during registration or webcast purchase. A passing score of at least 70% must be received on the exam in order to receive CEUs and a CoC. Scores of less than 70% will receive a Certificate of Attendance. To receive your certificate, contact Suzanne Rachmaninoff at firstname.lastname@example.org with date of purchase and date of training completion. See FAQs for additional information.
About Webcasts: Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive a special link by e-mail to watch the webcast on your computer. The link is time-limited: you will have full access to the webcast and any associated handouts for 6 months after receipt of payment, at which time the link will expire. Webcasts cannot be downloaded; they are intended for viewing on your computer only during the 6-month window. If you have any questions, please contact Ilona Taunton at email@example.com.
Jay Gandhi, PhD
About the Presenter:
Dr. Gandhi brings 27+ years of proficiency with virtually all analytical instrumentation and the techniques of Environmental, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical testing and research. In his distinguished career, here are few highlights of his achievements
- 1992-1993 - He received highest award from DuPont Company as non-DuPont employee for completing Recycled Vinyl Acetate project from conception to completion in record 10 months. This saved DuPont $12 million per year.
- 1994-1998 - At Varian Inc., He received several awards as exemplary employee for outstanding customer service.
- 2001 - At NASA being a principal investigator for Mars Exploration project, received several awards for Recycling of Water in Space project and several safety awards.
- Since 2002 - He has shepherded several ASTM and USEPA methods, most recently USEPA method 218.7 for "Analysis of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water"
- Dr. Gandhi is currently Regulatory Affairs Manager with Metrohm USA.