Assessor Technical Training: Asbestos
This course provides examples of the assessment process for asbestos testing laboratory technologies, based on The NELAC Institute (TNI) Environmental Laboratory Standard 2009. The principles for assessing specific technical disciplines within the laboratory operations are presented. The course presents the fundamentals of how to assess technical operations for the following technologies:
Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM)
Phase Contract Microscopy (PCM)
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
The rationale for assessing is based on proven quality principals that allow the determination of adherence to the defined system for the technical operations. The system standards used during this course are the 2009 TNI Environmental Laboratory (EL) standard. Personnel with a basic science background in this technical area assess operations by conducting an assessment of a laboratory system and technical operations to assure conformance to the stated management system and where applicable the mandated methods.
Personnel successfully completing the course will acquire the following:
- Knowledge sufficient to assess the implementation of the technology by the laboratory.
- An understanding of the key elements of data packages, and raw data to review and check effectively.
- How to write non-conformances and track corrective actions, evaluate root cause analysis and evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation.
- Students should prepare for the final exam prior to taking the class.
- Students must read TNI EL Volumes 1 and 2.
- Students are expected to be thoroughly familiar with the technology and standard before taking the class. You must obtain a 70% score to "successfully complete" the course. (NELAP assessors: You may be required to have successfully completed technical assessor-training. The NELAP assessor qualifications are defined by each accreditation body.)
$625 for TNI members
$825 for non-members
TNI Members: you must be logged-in to the website to receive the member rate.
Certificates of Completion are included with the course upon successful completion of the exercises and an overall exam score of at least 70%. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided if the two requirements for a Certificate of Completion are not met. Please contact Ilona Taunton at email@example.com for copies of any quizzes not already provided with the training material and/or any questions regarding your certificate.
About Webcasts: Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive a special link by e-mail to watch the webcast on your computer. The link is time-limited: you will have full access to the webcast and any associated handouts for 6 months after receipt of payment, at which time the link will expire. Webcasts cannot be downloaded; they are intended for viewing on your computer only during the 6-month window. If you have any questions, please contact Ilona Taunton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Presenter:
Marlene Moore founded Advanced Systems, Inc. in February 1992 as a consulting company specializing in quality systems for laboratory and sampling operations. She brings together the needs of quality system management, measurement operations and regulatory compliance.
Marlene Moore has worked and managed sampling and testing laboratories for over twenty years before providing her expertise to others. Current work includes assessing for laboratory accreditation programs to ISO/IEC 17025 and assessing to ISO/IEC 17065 for conformity assessment certification programs. Assessments are performed for A2LA, ANAB and ANSI. Additional assessor and auditor training was completed under the EPA Safe Drinking Water Program for State certification laboratory auditors for inorganic, organic and microbiology and as an ISO auditor for ISO 9000. Formerly an RAB ASQ/ANSI registered auditor.