Managing Your Proficiency Testing Program
September 8, 2022:
11:00 - 3:00 pm EDT
This webinar will provide a comprehensive review of the Proficiency Testing requirements that apply to laboratories as described in Volume 1, Module 1, Volume 2, module 2, and Volume 3 of the TNI Environmental Laboratory Standard.
- Understands the requirement to participate in PT studies for each Field of Proficiency Testing (FoPT) adopted by TNI for which the laboratory seeks to obtain or maintain accreditation
- Knows how to schedule PT studies and how to use an accredited PT Provider accredited to Volume 3 of the TNI Environmental Laboratory Sector Standard.
- Knows the requirements for analyzing PT samples,
- Knows how to report PT study results.
- Knows how to report PT study results to AB.
- Understands how and when to use a single method for multiple technologies.
- Understands the concepts of a PT Reporting Limit and how to correctly report results to the PTRL.
- Knows record keeping requirements.
- Knows how to schedule PT studies and how to maintain accreditation.
- Knows the corrective action process for PT samples.
- Understands the suspension, revocation, and reinstatement procedure employed by the AB for failures on PT samples.
This course is designed for Accreditation Bodies, Assessors, Internal Auditors, Quality Managers, Technical Managers, and Analysts..
$125 per person for TNI members
$140 per person for TNI non-members
$600 per group of 5-10 students at same location for TNI members
$675 per group of 5-10 students at same location for TNI non-members
No certificates are automatically provided with this training. A Certificate of Completion (CoC) ($30 per person) or Certificate of Attendance (CoA) ($20 per person) may be purchased during registration or webcast purchase. A passing score of at least 70% must be received on the exam in order to receive CEUs and a CoC. Scores of less than 70% will receive a CoA at no reduced fee. To receive your certificate, contact Paul Junio at firstname.lastname@example.org with date of purchase and date of training completion. See FAQs for additional information.
Thursday 8th September 2022, 11:00am EDT
About the Presenter:
Tony Francis received his PhD in chemistry from the University of Utah followed by a post-doctoral appointment at Los Alamos National Laboratory. He then owned and operated a commercial laboratory in Las Vegas, NV for many years. Dr. Francis has taught several introductory and advanced biology and chemistry at Salt Lake Community College, the University of Utah, the University of New Mexico, the College of Southern Nevada, and Utah Valley University. He has delivered many Data Integrity and Ethics training courses to laboratories across the United States. He has created and delivered many online training webinars covering many aspects of quality systems, most recently for IAS.Tony is currently the Lead Assessor for SAW Environmental performing 40+ assessments per year for TCEQ, FDOH, IAS, and A2LA.