Managing Your Proficiency Testing Program
This webcast will provide a comprehensive review of the Proficiency Testing requirements that apply to laboratories as described in Volume 1, Module 1, Volume 2, module 2, and Volume 3 of the TNI Environmental Laboratory Standard.
- Understands the requirement to participate in PT studies for each Field of Proficiency Testing (FoPT) adopted by TNI for which the laboratory seeks to obtain or maintain accreditation
- Knows how to schedule PT studies and how to use an accredited PT Provider accredited to Volume 3 of the TNI Environmental Laboratory Sector Standard.
- Knows the requirements for analyzing PT samples,
- Knows how to report PT study results.
- Knows how to report PT study results to AB.
- Understands how and when to use a single method for multiple technologies.
- Understands the concepts of a PT Reporting Limit and how to correctly report results to the PTRL.
- Knows record keeping requirements.
- Knows how to schedule PT studies and how to maintain accreditation.
- Knows the corrective action process for PT samples.
- Understands the suspension, revocation, and reinstatement procedure employed by the AB for failures on PT samples.
This course is designed for Accreditation Bodies, Assessors, Internal Auditors, Quality Managers, Technical Managers, and Analysts.Fees:
$125 for TNI members
$140 for non-members
Group rates are available: Each purchased webcast is to be viewed by only one student. If you would like multiple viewers, separate purchases must be made. A group rate of $600 for TNI members or $675 for non-members is available for groups of 5-10 students at a single location. Click here to purchase this webcast at the group rate.
TNI Members: you must be logged-in to the website to receive the member rate.
No certificates are automatically provided with this training. A Certificate of Completion (CoC) ($30 per person) or Certificate of Attendance (CoA) ($20 per person) may be purchased during registration or webcast purchase. A passing score of at least 70% must be received on the exam in order to receive CEUs and a CoC. Scores of less than 70% will receive a CoA at no reduced fee. To receive your certificate, contact Paul Junio at email@example.com with date of purchase and date of training completion. See FAQs for additional information.
About Webcasts: Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive a special link by e-mail to watch the webcast on your computer. The link is time-limited: you will have full access to the webcast and any associated handouts for 6 months after receipt of payment, at which time the link will expire. Webcasts cannot be downloaded; they are intended for viewing on your computer only during the 6-month window. If you have any questions, please contact Ilona Taunton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Presenter:
Tony Francis received his PhD in chemistry from the University of Utah followed by a post-doctoral appointment at Los Alamos National Laboratory. He then owned and operated a commercial laboratory in Las Vegas, NV for many years. Dr. Francis has taught several introductory and advanced biology and chemistry at Salt Lake Community College, the University of Utah, the University of New Mexico, the College of Southern Nevada, and Utah Valley University. He has delivered many Data Integrity and Ethics training courses to laboratories across the United States. He has created and delivered many online training webinars covering many aspects of quality systems, most recently for IAS.Tony is currently the Lead Assessor for SAW Environmental performing 40+ assessments per year for TCEQ, FDOH, IAS, and A2LA.