Nominations Sought for 2014 TNI Non-Governmental Accreditation Body Recognition Committee
Date Posted: 6-11-2014
Nominations for individuals to serve a three-year term on the TNI Non-Governmental Accreditation Body Recognition Committee (TNRC) are now being accepted. TNI members may self-nominate or nominate another individual using the online Nomination Form. There are 5 open positions for 2014.
In 2014, TNI plans to recognize Non-Governmental Accreditation Bodies (NGABs) to accredit laboratories to the 2009 TNI standard. As part of this plan, TNI will create TNI Non-Governmental Accreditation Body Recognition Committee (TNRC) that will make the final decision on whether or not a particular NGAB should be recognized. TNI has drafted a Standard Operating Procedure that describes the process by which a NGAB is evaluated and how the TNRC will go about the decision to recognize a NGAB. A copy of that draft SOP can be downloaded here.
Qualifications of TNRC Members
As stated in the draft SOP, the TNRC shall be composed of five members elected by the TNI Board to grant the final decision on the recognition of NGABs. The TNI Board appoints the chair of the committee. TNRC members:
- Are appointed by the TNI Board from representative groups of the program to ensure a balance of interest from the affected communities.
- Are TNI Members in good standing.
- Declare potential or known conflicts of interest which are evaluated by the TNI Board to determine if the conflicts risk the impartiality of the process.
- Are knowledgeable and have experience with the TNI NELAP program and its standards and procedures.
- Have TNI-recognized training on the SOP.
Overview of responsibilities
The TNRC will be responsible for:
- Approving the Evaluation Team (ET) members for each NGAB evaluation.
- Providing the ETs with copies of previous evaluation reports, recognition recommendation, and if requested, other retained records from the previous evaluation.
- Reviewing the ET report and related evaluation information.
- Voting on the recognition status of each NGAB.
- Providing an annual report to the TNI Board outlining any needed revisions to the evaluation SOP and any training needs for the ET.
The TNRC will perform the following operations:
- Review copies of the ET's technical completeness review report, applicant's technical completeness review corrective action response, ET's on-site evaluation report, including the witness evaluation of the laboratory(s) assessment, and NGAB's corrective action implementation.
- Examine the objective evidence of findings and assures it is unbiased, demonstrates a consistent interpretation of the standard, and is complete confirming whether all elements of TNI EL Volume 2 are performed by the NGAB to enable it to accredit laboratories according to the standards contained in TNI EL Volume 1.
- Decide whether the NGAB should be recognized as conforming to the TNI requirements and documents its decision.
- Notify the TNI Evaluation Coordinator of its decision in writing.
- Address disagreements with matters concerning recognition through TNI's General Complaint Resolution Process SOP 1 - 104.
- Prepare a report for the TNI Executive Committee appraising and offering improvement suggestions to the NGAB evaluation process.
Nominations and Elections Process
A Nominating Committee is appointed to identify potential candidates. The Committee is charged to recommend a slate of qualified candidates for election by the TNI Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee selects candidates for their ability to consider objectively the variety of perspectives, challenges, and choices inherent in the decisions affecting the TNI's future, not to represent a particular group, region, or interest. In addition to their leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities, candidates are also selected to ensure that the TNRC collectively reflects TNI's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
|June 27, 2014||Deadline for submission of application by potential candidates.|
|July 3, 2014||Based upon a review of applications, the Nominating Committee develops a slate of candidates.|
|July 9, 2014||The TNI Board of Directors reviews the slate and elects members to the TNRC.|
|July 10, 2014||The TNRC begins operation.|